Test 5

My parents where over for a visit the last week of May and we ended up re-visiting Bergamo Alta, the old, historical town part of Bergamo/Italy. Since the weather was a bit undecided that day and I didn't know exactly how much we'd walk, how long we'd stay and how things would go with my son, I opted for wearing a very "mom style" casual and comfortable outfit with a touch of bohemian vibes. Great for handling most "mom situations" but not exactly what I'd call city chic.

Bergamo Alta

Bergamo Alta is located on a small hill near the northern border of the city. You can reach it either by car (not recommended, parking space up there is very little & restricted), by bus or with the Funicolare. Since my son loves trains, we opted to go up with the Funicolare. There are parking spaces within 5 minutes of walking distance of the station and it takes only a couple of minutes ride to get to the top.
I think this was my third time visiting there, but I still seem to discover new things about Bergamo Alta. One thing I want to do next time we are here is go into one of the museums to learn more about the history of the city. And go up the civic tower for the spectacular view over the city both old & new and into the Pianura Padana. We visited on a weekday in May, so it was fairly calm, but if you go during the summer months and/or on the weekend you will often find random performances in the streets.
Funicolare Bergamo, Italy || Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion & quirky personal style blog

Old public washing placeat  Bergamo Alta, Italy || Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion & quirky personal style blog
Streetview of beautiful old houses at Bergamo Alta, Italy || Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion & quirky personal style blog
Torre Civica as seen from Piazza Vecchia at Bergamo Alta, Italy || Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion & quirky personal style blog

Casual Boho Vibes

I know there are those voices that declare leggings aren't pants and I somewhat agree. But they are very comfortable and darn well made to go with whatever you (or your kids if you have them) attempt to do. This is something I might have said on the blog before and I keep repeating to people who know me "in real life": "My clothing needs to allow me to do whatever my mind comes up with.". It needs to be comfortable, I need to be able to move, I want to just sit down on a lawn without worrying too much.
That said, I always look to wear a top, dress or skirt over leggings even if they are not "see through", something that covers at least the crotch, better yet up to mid thigh. Suppose I'm just modest like that.
Casual look with bohemian vibes for city exploration. Here at Piazza vecchia, Bergamo Alta. Wearing an elephant print kimono over simple black tank dress over black leggings and sneakers || Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion & quirky personal style blog
Casual look with bohemian vibes for city exploration and fun. Here at Piazza vecchia, Bergamo Alta. Wearing an elephant print kimono over simple black tank dress over black leggings || Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion & quirky personal style blog
Splash spalsh splash ...
Someone wants to become a super villain? Let's hope not! - Infinity Stones on left hand
Super Villain in the making ... note the Infinity Stones ... what can I say?
Door at Capella Colleoni, Bergamo Alta || Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion, quirky personal style and life blog
Sitting on the stairs of Capella Colleoni, executing motherly duties - Casual Boho Look with elephant print kimono, black mini dress over black leggings and New Balance sneakers, kid is wearing light pants, checkered shirt, adidas sneakers || Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion & quirky personal style blog
Portal Lions (I leoni) at Capella Colleoni ... Back Door at Capella Colleoni, Bergamo Alta || Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion, quirky personal style and life blog
Oldtimer BMW Motorcycle at Capella Colleoni Bergamo Alta || Funky Jungle - Mindful fashion, quirky personal style and life blog
What I Wore: Simple Black Jersey Leggings - H&M || Black Tank Mini Dress - H&M || Kimono - Random Market (similar here) || Sneakers - New Balance (very similar herehere & here) || Backpack - Random Market (similar here)
Follow me! 
And never miss a Funky post.

Share:

0 comments